Saturday, October 25, 2008

To Do oR nOt To dO ThAt Is ThE QueSTioN?

Okay so Doug and I are both wondering what to do the twins school teacher told us that Dalton should apply for the spectrum program. He is very smart adn talented in lots of areas, but Daxton is as well just different, they have strengths but in different areas, like all kids right? Anyways we are concerned because of the effects it will have on Daxton for example Dalton is in SEM at school and Daxton the other day wanted to know why Dalton got to do it and not him. A question folks I could not answer. I know that Dalton would benefit from it greatly but I worry for Daxton and the stress it would put on there relationship, also would it be pushing him too hard and later hate school and everything that comes with it? I am really not sure how to handle this situation and am asking for help. Oh and here is another thing there preschool teacher recommened that we separate them for kindergarten, it was a hard decision adn something I didn't want to do but did anyway, yeah it ended up not a great thing to do they were both so miserable and if one wasn't crying the other was so for 1st I put them together again and of course this year, so if he does spectrum then they will be separted again, do I talk with both of them and ask them? Do I let Dalton make the final decision? Lots of questions and not sure of the approach to take. Let me know.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Jen, I would pray about it. I know it sounds like a cop-out answer but, no one wants the best for your boys more than you and Heavenly Father. Then I would have a family council. Kori will have some great insight, too. Tell them what you put in your blog- they all have different strengths. Just like Kori on her comp soccer team- Dalton has talent that his teachers want to help him get even better in. Daxton, too, will have opportunities all of his own. You have amazing children and the sooner you include them, the more they will realize how valued they are to you. Congrats to Dalton- it really is a neat opportunity and it will open doors for him and Daxton. Sometimes we bloom a little later than others in different areas. Look how much longer it took me to get a boyfriend than you. I was stupid around boys (still am). We are all just different. Good luck, babe!

Steve and Kim... said...

i totally agree with niki! im pretty sure that i totally forgot what i was going to say because she basically gave the BEST answer! hope it goes good for you.