Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sad Day

So I adopted a black lab puppy on Wed of last week and by saturday hse was a sick little dog. But I thought it was because of changing her food so I let it go but then by Mon she was sick so I took her into the vet and she was positive for parvo so now my house is the haz mat place while I am killing this awful deadly virus for dogs, well needless to say she passed away this morning. I was all about rescuing a dog and now not so sure. Well she was the sweetest dog for the short time we had her. So between the cost of all her things and adoption fees she has ended up being an expensive deal. Oh and not to mention it was part of the x-mas present. Sad day but hopefully all that we do will protect everything for a new dog.

4 comments:

Davies Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but at least she was lucky enough to be loved by such a sweet family before she passed!

Nik said...

Oh geez, Jen! I am sooo sorry on so many different levels: your poor kids,the emotion, finding another or going without that Christmas present,the money (these little things are expensive!), the "bullet-shy" aspect (you don't want to go through this again)....yada yada yada. I'm so sorry! Give your kids a HUGE hug for me! (and you,too)

Natalie said...

How sad..How are the kids holding up. They get so attached to things that I am sure they are having a hard time..At least you found out about this so that it doesn't happen again!!

Doug_Jen said...

The kids are actually doing okay so that is a relief. We didn't have it very long so I think that was what helped but it is fun to see how quick you are acttached Doug said last night I miss lilly. She honestly was the sweetest for the short time we had her and loved to follow Doug where ever he was. So thanks everyone for the concern but now I am just trying to make it safe to bring home another puppy and no it is not from the pound.