Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Needed input

Okay so we moved almost a year ago and if you have ever been in my home you will know why I am asking this. I want to repaint but how in the world do you choose colors to paint? We just did our bathroom and YES it is purple and the trim is white, I will post pics as soon as I get everything all hung. So I need colors for my and doug's bedroom, the boys room, toy room (I want to put some of the chalkboard paint in there somewhere, my kitchen which is black antiqued cupboards and appliances and is also connected with the living room adn then my hall way upstairs and down, and then the kids bathroom downstairs should I paint it pink or orange and then white trim. I would love everyones ideas or websites to help me out. What colors have you put in your home. Doug and I have a navy blue and light tan downs comforter. go ahead and send me pics of your walls in your house. doug_jen@q.com

4 comments:

Ami said...

Wow My husband won't let me paint with colors!!

Britney said...

Here's my opinion...no pink in the kids bathroom, I don't think your boys will love that. Also, don't do navy blue in your room...did you ever see Haden's old room upstairs? The ceiling, walls, inside of closet, ALL NAVY BLUE. It makes the room look so dark, especially at night. We have to get rid of it cuz we're making that room is going to be maycie's. I'm going to have my mom-in-law come and texture paint my family room wall...it looks so awesome, almost like it's ty-died. Those are my thoughts.

natalie said...

Jenn-
I think that everyone is different. You should just do waht you like and remember you can always paint over it. My thoughts are the lighter the better in your kitchen, just because your cabinets are black. I always like to get on extreme home makeover's website, they have good ideas. I really love greens, they are really versatile and neutral. Good luck. I hate to paint.

The Birds said...

I am a neutral lover! I like color in the bedrooms and maybe the bathrooms, but I like everything else to be the same color! I know I am boring! I think you should do you kid bathroom orange with a stripe/stripes through it! Those are my ideas. I don't have much to send you, because I am so boring. The only rooms that have color are my kids room. I did white boarding in Kenedy's room with bubblegum pink above it. Lincoln I did brown on the bottom of the walls and tan on the top with an eight inch red board running in the middle of the two. I think orange and brown would have been fun also. I get some of my ideas from the potterybarn magazines. I love their paint colors!!